Accepted File Formats
- Press-ready, high-resolution Acrobat PDFs (.pdf)
- Adobe InDesign (.indd)
- Illustrator (.ai or .eps)
- Photoshop (.eps or .tif or .jpg)
Note: Photoshop JPG files are not ideal but are acceptable if saved at maximum quality -– choose setting: 12.
Not Accepted File Formats
- iWork Pages
- Microsoft Publisher
- Microsoft Word
- iWork Keynote
- iWork Numbers
… and any other application not mentioned under Accepted File Formats
Supply ads at actual size. In all cases ensure that fonts are embedded or included, and that images are CMYK and have sufficient resolution, not lower than 266 pixels per inch.
Image file formats and settings
- Colour images as CMYK EPS or TIFF files with minimum resolution of 266 pixels per inch at 100% final size.
- Black & white or greyscale images as TIFF files with minimum resolution of 266 pixels per inch at 100% final size.
- Line art and diagrams as TIFF files with minimum resolution of 800 pixels per inch at 100% final size or as Illustrator AI or EPS files.
- Only maximum quality JPEGs are acceptable. Quality setting: 12.
- RGB and other colour formats will be converted to CMYK with no guarantee of colour accuracy.
- Photoshop CMYK colour settings:
- ink colours: coated paper
- dot gain: 20%
- black ink limit: 100%
- total ink limit: 300%
When supplying digital photos, adjust your camera to the largest size and highest quality. For settings refer to your camera owner’s manual.
Supply raw files, without resizing or otherwise altering the images.
Our art department will work with you to design and produce an ad that captures your distinctive message for exclusive use in Niagara Escarpment Views.
To arrange for creative services, call Mike Davis at 905.877.9665.
To supply press-ready files
1. Email to ads@NEViews.ca
2. Upload via Fetch or any other FTP upload utility. Contact us for upload ID.